I’m excited to announce (as you may have noticed) the name has changed!!
Not to worry though, I do plan on continuing to post allergy friendly recipes whenever I get the chance. Pinky Promise.
I have one last announcement before getting into this dip!
I started another blog. It’s a place where I post my writings and such, currently it’s mostly poems. If you have any interest in that sort of thing, you can go ahead and click the Continue Reading at the end of the excerpt and it’ll take you to my first post, where I explain what I plan to post and why. 🙂
Those who know me, if you were to ask, would probably tell you my passion is food. Making it, eating it, admiring its very form of existence. And while, please do not get me wrong, I do love food (what can I say…it can be a beautiful form of art), my true passion is in fact- writing. That’s not to say I’m good at it in any means, on the contrary. I consider myself to be amateur at best.
So, why start a blog where all I share is my writings, you ask?
There are many answers to that question. But… Continue Reading
Alright, lets talk about this cream cheese dip.
I’m absolutely in love. It is
- Melts in the mouth
- And entirely dairy free!
I seriously could not believe it when I had a taste. I was floored. It does require a bit of time to create, but its so worth it, in my not-so-humble opinion. 😉
This goes great with graham crackers, fruit, melons, brownies, and even cakes!
Tips + Notes before we get started:
- It does start to curdle when you first start whipping it. Not to worry. That is normal, just continue on and it should smooth out into a similar texture to whipped cream.
- Ensure that your flour/milk base has completely cooled before proceeding. Otherwise it won’t whip up correctly
- To get the best result, place your mixing bowl in the freezer 5 minutes before using.
- Unfortunately, I have not tried this recipe with a GF flour yet. I do plan to, as I believe rice flour may make a good sub. When I do, I’ll be sure to update you on that. Until then, I cannot guarantee success for my GF friends. 😦
Cream Cheese Dip-
- 5 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Unsweetened, Non-Dairy Milk (I used Silk’s Soy milk)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Non-Dairy Butter, at room temp. (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- small-med. Saucepan
- Mixing Bowl/w Whisk Attachment
In med-small saucepan, on medium/low heat, place your milk and flour, whisking until lumps are gone, and its become thick, kinda like pudding.
Remove from heat, and add vanilla. Cool completely.
In a mixing bowl, using the whisk attachment, combine butter and sugar, beat until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes). Slowly add in the cooled milk mixture, beating until combined. Continue beating until similar texture to whipped cream (about 8-10 minutes).
Makes: Approx. 3 Cups